The Wildlife Friends Foundation Thailand (WFFT) is a registered foundation under Thai law, Foundation No: T271/2545.
- Rescue maltreated and/or neglected wild animals
- Provide sanctuary for sick and disabled animals
- Rehabilitate and Release where possible and care for those who are unable to be returned to the wild
- Educate people, particularly children, to stop cruelty to animals
- Campaign against illegal trade in wild animals, discourage use of animals for entertainment
- Prevent hunting and promote conservation of all natural resources, fauna and flora alike.
- Cooperate with and assist Royal Forestry Department and other organizations with the rescue and conservation of wild animals.
Wildlife Friends Foundation Thailand operate several projects; Willdlife Rescue Centre, Elephant Refuge and Education Centre, Wildlife Hospital, Forest Restoration and Conservation, Gibbon Release and Rehabilitation, Wildlife Tourism Campaign, Street Elephant Campaignand Volunteer Opportunities and education facilities in Thailand and Laos.
The Wildlife Rescue Centre is built on temple land; the abbot of the Kao Look Chang temple has generously given us a huge plot of forest for the animals to live in.